Friday, December 21, 2007

January: It's inevitable!


Our January issue is on stands now. It's all about sleep, which is what I want to do between December and March. Unfortunately, parenting and hibernation are not compatible.
This is also our annual camp issue, since--and this ceaselessly amazes me--January is the time to start making summer plans. Yesterday Emily had her 11th birthday party, which included cookie decorating and a sleepover. One of the mothers dropped off some girls and asked me, "So, what time should I pick them up tomorrow morning?" I looked at her blankly. It was only 1:30 in the afternoon. I hadn't really thought beyond 4:30 p.m., when the cookies would be out of the oven and decorated, and I would be sweeping red and green sugar from the ceiling, walls and floor. She wanted to know my plans for tomorrow???
Really, getting a January issue to press by mid-December is all the forward-thinking I can manage.

No comments: